Welcome to the Sixth Grade
Â Here’s what’s coming up….
- We’ve begun our investigation of poetry!Â
- WeÂ are exploring ancient India!
- We’re studying women of faithÂ in the Old Testament
What are our Learning Targets?
Parents, ask your 6th graderâ€¦
- to share something interesting learned in the mini book
- aboutÂ ancient Indian culture
- how to find specific information in a text
- what’s happening in their reading lately
- if you can help them study their vocabulary words
- to teach you something from the Religion lesson
- how one can be kind, respectful, responsible, and safe
- if the work turned in meets with junior high expectations
Reading Support at Home Â Â
Parents can help their students shop for a book to read that is “just right” for their reading level by logging into AR Home Connect on the school’s home page and choosing AR Bookfinder in the lower right hand corner. Have students do an advanced search to locate AR books by reading level, interest area, point value, or author. Create an AR Bookbag and then go shopping for these titles at Holy Rosary’s library, or using the online catalog of Sno-Isle libraries at sno-isle.org. It’s such a great resource and it’s FREE! We’ve taken a tour in the classroom…now try it at home.
For step-by-step instructions click the link below:
Using AR Bookfinder